80s Discussion Forum

HUNGRY FOR A DURAN DURAN POSTER EXHIBITION? I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! (December 3, 2005 2:38 AM)
Posted by: Durandy Golub

TO THE MIGHTY FANS OF DURAN DURAN OR THE 80'S ACROSS THE WORLD....

I am a Duran Duran poster archivist. I am appealing to you for help as I take the first steps toward making a very special event come to life. It is a dream I hope to someday share with Fab Five devotees and fans of the 80's across the globe. I would truly appreciate any support you can offer.

My first public Duran Duran poster exhibition took place in Seattle, WA in February 2001. The show featured 160 posters from my archives. For three days, Duran Duran's legacy was celebrated in a way that has never been done before.

Nearly five years have passed since my first exhibition. It's time to do it again.

BIGGER. BOLDER. BETTER THAN EVER.

I have my sights set on the Experience Music Project here in Seattle. The criteria for a proposed exhibit requires proof of a 'public interest'. That sounds like a challenge to me!

I want to see how many people would be interested in a Duran Duran poster exhibit.
Most importantly, I want the curatorial board at the EMP to see how much interest there is!

To accomplish this, I have set up a petition form on my website. The process is easy:

1. GO TO: WWW.DURANDY.COM

2. CLICK ON 'EXHIBITION'

3. Fill in your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME, along with any comments you care to share. It would be great if you could put the country you live in. (Email address is optional)

4. CLICK 'SUBMIT'

When enough names have been compiled, I will include the list with a formal proposal to the Experience Music Project.

*Please note: The information you give will ONLY be used for the sole purpose of providing proof of public interest for a DD poster exhibition.

If you would like to see such a show take shape, I invite you to add your name to the list. If I can bring my exhibition to an established venue like the EMP, it may be easier to take my next show to your corner of the world!

If you know of anyone who might be interested, please feel free to pass my petition along. Every name is a Big Thing!!

The band is back together....

A new album is on the horizon....

IT'S TIME TO BRING DURAN-DEMONIUM TO A WHOLE NEW FRONTIER!

I thank you very much for your time and attention, and I wish you all my best for a warm, wonderful holiday season.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach me at: contact@durandy.com

Sincerely,
Durandy

Durandy Productions

www.durandy.com
Previous post:
  • 80's Talk - Jim Huber (May 23, 2002 5:02 PM)
Follow-up posts:

none

Post a reply

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message" (and new subject in the bx labeled "Subject", if you wish), enter your username and password, and hit "Post Message."

Subject:

(If you haven't already, register now
Forgot your username or password?)